1.01 - All games will be played as scheduled by the VP of Operations.
Section 1.01 Comment: Rain dates will be scheduled for the next available make up date to be assigned by the VP of Operations.
1.02 - Doubleheaders will only be scheduled before the regular season or if absolutely necessary. The scheduler will confer with the president and involved team captains before scheduling any doubleheaders needed for the purpose of a rain make up dates.
1.03 - The home team is responsible for preparing the field, including, bases, lines and field grooming if necessary.
1.03a - Every team's captain is responsible for assigning a "Field Preparation Manager" whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the field is ready to play on/at the assigned time (weather permitting).
1.03b - Further to rule 1.03a, if the field is not fully prepared (all bases pegged in, lines acceptably drawn) by the scheduled start of the game, then the home team forfeits the right to play as the home team, and the visiting team (as accepted by the prevailing umpire) will become the home team and complete field preparation.
1.04 - The umpire will determine unmarked lines at his/her discretion.
1.05 - RHMRBL shall adopt the following rule pertaining to the use of helmets:
- All players shall use a single or double-ear flap protective helmet while at bat.
- All players shall use a single or double-ear flap protective helmet while running the bases.
- All catchers shall wear a catcher’s protective helmet, while fielding their position.
1.06 - Bats must not have a maximum weight to length ratio greater than -3. Bats must be of BBCOR certification or wood, wood composite make.
Section 1.05 & 1.06 Comment: If the umpire observes any violation of these rules, he shall direct the violation to be corrected. If the violation is not corrected within a reasonable time, in the umpire’s judgment, the umpire shall call the offender out. If the player is a multiple offender, the umpire may eject the offender from the game, and disciplinary action, as appropriate, will be recommended.
1.07 - RHMRBL will use a double bag (white / orange) for first base.
- A batted ball hitting the white portion is declared fair and a batted ball hitting the orange portion is declared foul.
- Whenever a play is being made on the batter-runner, the defense must use the white portion and the batter-runner the orange portion.
- On extra base hits or balls hit to the outfield when there is no play being made at the double base, the runner may touch the white or orange portion.
- On a dropped third strike, the batter-runner and the defensive player may use either the orange or the white portion.
- The batter-runner must use the orange portion on the first attempt at first base; however, should he reach and go beyond first base, he must return to the white portion.
- Should the batter-runner round the base on a hit to the infield or the outfield, he must return to the white portion.
- When tagging up on a fly ball, the white portion must be used.
- On an attempted pick-off play the runner must return to the white portion.
Section 1.07 Comment: We will enforce the OBA rules on running to first when there is a play at first. Upon reaching the 45 ft. line a batter-runner must run on the right side in a 3ft. running lane and touch the orange part of the bag regardless of how close the play is at 1st. If the batter-runner does not comply with the rule he is declared out regardless if he is safe or out upon reaching 1st. Play is dead and all runners must return to previously occupied base.
1.08 - The home team will retain the 3rd base dugout.